Monday, July 30, 2012

Gluten Free Breads available in Paris France

One of the best places to get gluten free bread reliably is at

NATURALIA

http://naturalia.fr/

This is the health food chain of france. They have all organic veggies and fruits as well as many gluten free products and natural health products. The staff I have met, currently from the Effiel tower location and the Trocerdo location have been helpful and english speaking.

locations can be found on the website.... http://naturalia.fr/entreprise/nos_magasins.asp    Just enter your postal code and Voila, a gluten free store near you!

The bread brands they have most commonly are SCHAR and REVOLA.

Schar gluten free products are a bit sweeter tasting then some canadian and merican brands of gluten free breads, but for gluten free, they are delicious. You can get mini-baguettes and sliced sandwich breads that are ready for consumption, and you can also get Ciabatta bread rolls that you bake at home for 10 minutes. These are a bit softer and tastier because of baking them yourself, and your house smells of bread too.

Revola brands are smaller loaves but the gluten free breads are hearty and filling. They are a bit more "multi-grain" like and reminiscent of the kinnikkinick multi grain breads.

The packages have labels on them that indicate the mode of eating for each gluten free product.... for example, the sliced sandwich bread says "for toasting" and the baguettes say "ready to eat"

There is also some fresh breads that are gluten free, available early some mornings.... but be careful.... they are open to the environment and usually located right next to the heavily floured regular breads in the front windows.... the cross contamination risk is huge.

Here are some pictures of the breads.....

My favorites so far are the petite baguettes, they are sweet and soft. I take them with cheese and tomatoes or sliced chicken to my french classes for lunch.

Tonight for dinner, I toasted some of the SCHAR sliced gluten free white bread and fried up some gluten free hotdogs (next post) and had open faced hotdogs for dinner on my balcony.  A totally summer friendly gluten free dinner.








3 comments:

  1. My name is Rhonda Whitney. I am the american woman you talked to at the gluten free bakery in Paris a few weeks ago. I just wanted to say thank you for all your wonderful suggestions and information. They were MOST helpful! I'd love to get your input on a product I found in the UK...Nak'd bars. My son feel in love with them! I have not been able to get them in the US without being charged $60 in shipping for $30 of the bars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Rhonda,

    Of course I remember, so glad you found the suggestions helpful, and your son found something he loves, I will google these bars for you, but not living in the states might be hard for me to be really helpful to you.... But i'll try. I know a few brands of granola bars that are really great and tasty, I'll find some links and post a blog about them.

    I have so much more news to post too, just ate crepes!!!! so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gluten Free Girl,

    we are in Paris and are looking for gluten-free hot dogs. Which is the brand that you used? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete